Monday, January 23, 2012

Ringing in da 2012!!! (NSFW)

Hi friends and lovers!! Did that (NSFW) draw you in? Good! Because what it stands for is Now: (for) Some Funny Words. Haaaa fooled ya! But now that you're on this page, might as well see what I'm going to say, right? Let's see if it's worth it!

I know I promised to update this Westward Hoe blog more, and it turned out that "more" meant "not at all".  I apologize, but, seriously how much is a promise worth on the internet? Absolutely nothing. So I'm not going to feel too badly about it. I'm going to take the pressure off myself to update this, which will hopefully reverse psychology myself to do the opposite. "Reverse Psychology" is now a verb I think!!

HAVE I LOST YOUR ATTENTION YET?  I PROMISE TO MAKE THIS ENTERTAINING. Do we need a picture? Let's see what's on the hard drive.

Me and my new LA boyfriend. lol how embarrassing he made me take it

And while I am not going to feel bad for not updating more, because it's a new year, there are some things I genuinely DO feel badly about and could probably do better for 2012. Real quick, I'm just going to list off some things I want to apologize for doing this year.

Firstly, and most importantly I want to apologize (to no deity or person in particular) for not celebrating Yom Kippur this year in the least. It is the ONE thing I both observe every year as a Jewish person AND that I actually take seriously, and just because I forgot the date and booked a plane ticket to Portland didn't mean I had to totally disregard the holiday to get drunk and eat food that most likely wasn't even kosher. I mean, I don't know what choice I HAD once I had a ticket booked but I feel bad irregardless. Next year I promise to fast and repent so hard that Judaism gives me another chance.

Secondly, I want to apologize for texting and driving all the time. LA traffic makes it SO easy to do. I realize I am putting myself in danger but jeez, it's like nowadays if you don't respond to texts and emails right away, you are 12 steps behind in the rat race. So I don't know which sacrifice to make.

Thirdly...I can't think of too much else right now, partially because one of my mottos in life is 'no regrets' so I'm happy to keep this short.

Hmmm. If it sounds like I'm not putting enough stock into "The New Year" or "What a New Year Means", I'd like to share some wisdom that one of my coworkers told me recently.

"I hate New Years. Here's why. Everyone thinks it's a time to start over and do things better. And yet everyone hates Mondays. Are you kidding me? Monday is every week's New Years! You can do something better for yourself every week of the year!"

I don't know, that was kind of inspiring. I have to agree with him. And how fitting that I'm writing this post on a MONDAY. Life is incredible like that.

I have more thoughts (WHAT? I DO?) but they are unrelated to New Years, half ass apologies or 2012, so I'll leave them to the next post.


And fine, I will leave something here that is actually NSFW:
Most inappropriate thing I've seen in my life.


Til next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment