Monday, October 3, 2011

California

Greetings from the Sunshine/Hollywood/Golden/Things growing a lot State!! I forget which one of those is the real one.  After 2 weeks, it's probably about time I post something about this place I've just moved to.

Arriving in California, and I forgot to play a song with "California" in the title. Idiot!

Venice Beach!!! Ya'll ever hear of that one??

After my first night of a mild meltdown, (It takes HOW long to drive on a freeway? You CAN'T just swim in the pacific any time you want?  How much is my rent again?) week one in Los Angeles has mostly consisted of me dropping my jaw every time I walk outside and wanting to kiss the ground everyday because I'LL NEVER BE COLD AGAIN. Look forward to my bitching about all temperatures below 50. It's who I am now guys! Just let me be me. So-Cal Al (tm).

I am essentially living on the UCLA campus which is a very painless way of easing into living here, but also very bizarre. For instance, I'm buying printer cartridges at the campus store, and buying stamps at the student union..?  It doesn't feel right.  It is amusing to watch all the freshman couples in front of their dorms and student organizers yelling at everyone to join different activities, because, they're living it up now, but they're going to be just as fucked as the rest of us when they graduate! Soon they'll know what it is to crumble into tears because you can't get hired at a minimum wage job. I feel like telling every student this every day.  Do you think they would appreciate it??

I am living with 5 girls who are perhaps the nicest girls I've ever met, so you can shove it, everyone who said only Courtney Stodden-types live here! And I thought all stereotypes were true!

Speaking of, everyone who hasn't yet should watch the best song ever

Lastly, I am sharing a room again for the first time since studying abroad and it is not at all bad!  Except for my roommate's very unique but terrifying "toast pillow" that scares the shit out of me every night.

I swear I own other clothes besides this shirt.


So Nathalie, if you read this, I love the pillow, I just might turn it around at nights. Sorry for exploiting Toasty on the web. I'll take this down if you want.  

Til' next blog!







No comments:

Post a Comment