Thursday, September 22, 2011

'Lorado

Hey again! Phew, glad I’m over being cranky about mountains that represent fear about the future.  Being cooped up in a car for hours will do weird things to anyone! Today we are driving through Colorado and it is just lovely!  I passed 2 or 3 towns that were probably the inspiration for “Everwood,” and that was exciting, for me.  Although that show was shot in Utah, so maybe I’ll look for possible locations when we hit Utah next.  More about Everwood, you ask? I’ll spare you.

"I moved into a snow globe!" --Treat Williams as Dr. Andy Brown, Everwood


We also drove through Vail, that rich ski resort which surprisingly didn’t look as pretentious or touristy as I thought it would.  It looks like Switzerland. 



Vail ski resort

Maybe someday I’ll have a rich friend who can afford to take me there! Dreams, dreams.  The only bad thing about the mountains is the high altitude which gives me slight nausea.  Of course I took this opportunity to watch “127 Hours” on my computer and nearly vomited when the rock fell on James Franco and I realized I most definitely could not watch any limbs get sawed off.  So instead I watched the preview for “Love & Other Drugs” again, because, Jake Gylly was LOOKIN FOINE in it.  I thought I hated that movie based solely on Bucktooth Hath-agay (Sorry, that is rude and awful but this delete button is stuck) but now I have an overwhelming urge to see it. Is this altitude sickness? I actually laughed at the last scene in the preview. This could be my new Bounty Hunter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment